Tandoori paneer tikka is a memorable starter/appetizer dish from North India that you can enjoy by itself or combine with Indian breads. EarthSpice Tandoori Masala helps you get the perfect tandoori paneer prepared in an earthen kiln (tandoor), a traditional mud/earth based oven that imparts rusticity to your dish.
Bite into the soft goodness of this well-known delight with the enhanced flavours provided by EarthSpice Tandoori Masala with this flavourful and intimate blend of spices that brings to your palette the combination of smoky, aromatic, and hot flavours complemented by the airy softness of the texture.
- Prep time: 2 Hours
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 servings
|Hung curd||6 tsp|
|Paneer pieces (cubed)||300 gm|
|EarthSpice Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|EarthSpice Tandoori Masala||2 pc|
|Medium tomatoes( chopped)||2 pc|
|EarthSpice Chat Masala||½ tsp|
|Red Chilli powder|
|Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves), crushed|
- Begin by making a ginger-garlic paste and measure out 1 ¼ tsp.
- Begin my taking hung curd in a large bowl and add into it the ginger-garlic paste. This gives a definition to the foundation of the marinade.
- After mixing well and obtaining the combined paste of hung curd infused with ginger and garlic, add red chilli powder and turmeric powder as the first layer of flavours.
- After that, it’s time to bring out your Earth Spice masalas and get the magic to your paneer tikka marinade! Add EarthSpice Tandoori Masala, EarthSpice Garam Masala, and EarthSpice Chat Masala to the marinade mixture and stir until the texture is even.
- Put in Kasuri methi (fenugreek leaves). Pour mustard oil into the marinade for vibrancy of colours and viscosity.
- Add capsicum and onion to the marinade which contains all the mouth-watering flavours that will eventually be absorbed as the paneer gets grilled through. Make sure that capsicum and onion are well-coated with the marinade.
- After ensuring the thickness of the marinade, set it aside to add paneer pieces.
- As you varnish your paneer pieces with the marinade, ensure that you go over the entire surface of the pieces. Be gentle as paneer cubes are fragile and may disintegrate.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Put a skewer (seekh) through the marinated paneer pieces after lining them up. The paneer pieces are now ready for grilling.
- Set the timer for 15-20 minutes and preheat the oven. If you have an OTG, use the ‘grill’ option.
- Grill the skewered paneer pieces for 10-12 minutes. You may have to vary this time depending upon the kind of paneer (i.e. the thickness of pieces) and the brand of oven too. Turn it once or twice.
- Brush with mustard oil, garnish with lemon juice and coriander leaves and serve piping hot!
VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTES
- This dish is traditionally made in a clay kiln (tandoor) but since that may not be available, you can also go for making it in a Charcoal grill, tandoor, and OTG (Oven Toaster Griller).
- Mustard oil can be replaced with refined or cooking oil but that subtracts the smokiness from the flavour of the final dish.
- Onions and capsicums can either be left out or included with other kind of veggies.