CHICKEN TIKKA GRAVY WITH CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Chicken Tikka Gravy is famous not only in India but the whole world, and along it is considered the definitive Indian culinary signature in Western countries. It is a versatile dish with lots of variations by different people and influences throughout the globe. Its bright and intense gravy/ curry/ sauce bursts with flavours from the first bite to the last.
Bring the global fame of this beloved Indian dish to your own kitchen with EarthSpice Chicken Masala. Our handpicked selection of the best whole spices and 100% natural preparation of all our products guarantees a unique and lasting flavour in this wholesome non vegetarian preparation.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- 5 servings
|Lemon Juice||1 tsp|
|EarthSpice Chicken Masala||1/2 tsp|
|Chicken Breast||3 pc|
|Garlic, minced||1 pc|
|Cumin, ground||2 tsp|
|Tomato Puree||100 ml|
|Heavy Cream||1 cup|
- Chicken breast pieces are recommended for this dish though you may select any other portion you like. The marinade proportion and cook time may vary.
- Clean and prepare chicken for marination. In a large bowl, add yoghurt with lemon juice and mix with EarthSpice Chicken Masala and salt. EarthSpice Chicken Masala freshens the chicken from the inside and helps it retain its essential flavours which are enhanced by the spice mix.
- Stir vigorously and ensure a complete coating of the chicken’s surface. Cover the bowl and set aside for 1 hour in a refrigerator to marinate.
- Grilling is the next phase of this delightful recipe when the chicken absorbs the warmth and aroma of the spices and develops its texture.
- Preheat the oven for at least 15 minutes between 240-250 C.
- Oil the grate of the grill with your preferred type— mustard, refined, etc.
- Skewer your chicken pieces and arrange them to grill properly. Grill for approximately 5 to 7 minutes on both sides until juices are released from the chicken pieces.
- Take a large skillet (kadhai) and melt butter in it on a medium flame. Create the base of the gravy’s flavouring by sauteing jalapeno and garlic for 1 minute, after which you add the seasoning of cumin, paprika, and salt.
- With this tempering ready, you can add tomato sauce and cream to add definition and thickness to the gravy. Put the skillet on simmering heat for about 20 minutes until the gravy acquires a satisfactory thickness.
- You are almost there with your chicken tikka masala dish! Add the grilled chicken pieces to the gravy and let it remain on simmer for 10-12 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro after transferring the pieces with gravy to a serving platter. Serve with rice, naans, tawa roti, or pita bread.
VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTES
- You can use any oil of your preference
- Turmeric can be used for marination and gravy
404 calories; protein 24.6g 49% DV; carbohydrates 13.3g 4% DV; fat 28.9g 45% DV; cholesterol 143.2mg 48% DV; sodium 1592.4mg 64% DV.