BHATTI DA MURGH (INDIAN GRILLED CHICKEN)
Bhatti da Murgh is a crisp and spicy grilled chicken dish that gets its signature taste due to marination with a special spice-infused yogurt paste and transfer of smoky flavours from a charcoal grill/tandoor which gives it a spicy edge and a delicious contrast between dry and soft, savoury textures.
It is an easy dish that you can make at home using EarthSpice Bhatti Masala and EarthSpice Garam Masala. This product infuses your chicken with freshness and a uniqueness of taste. Our expert mix of whole spices is created to be a perfect complement to the texture of grilled meat and guaranteed to leave you with a taste you want again and again.
- Prep time: 1-2 hrs
- Cook time: 10-15 minutes
- 4 servings
|Ginger and garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Hung curd (Yogurt drained of water)||1 tsp|
|Red Chilly Powder|
|EarthSpice Bhatti Masala|
|EarthSpice Garam Masala|
|Desi ghee/ Clarified butter|
- First, let us prepare the ginger-garlic paste by removing its moisture. Do this by putting your ginger and garlic in a kadhai over medium heat and stir frying with mustard oil.
- After cooling the ginger-garlic mix, make it a paste and add to the hung curd.
- Take your preferred chicken pieces in a wide and deep bowl after cleaning. Leg and thigh pieces are recommended. Make angular incisions with a sharp knife for infusing with masala and salt.
- Put the hung curd on top of the pieces, and then add red chilli powder, EarthSpice Bhatti Masala, EarthSpice Garam Masala, Mustard oil, and salt to complete the marinade.
- Mix the chicken pieces thoroughly with the curd and spice powders. Ensure a nice thick coating so that the flavours get absorbed deeply into the pieces.
- After coating the pieces fully with the marinade, leave for 6-7 hours or overnight. Marinating properly is important to achieve the richness of flavour and the tenderness on the inside of the pieces. Earth Spice masalas preserve a fresh and uniquely herbaceous flavour in your perfect Bhatti da murgh dish.
- Now it’s time to crisp up your deliciously marinated chicken pieces on a charcoal grill or OTG. Charcoal grills are recommended because of the smoky flavour they bring to the dish.
- Make suitable batches of chicken pieces for grilling. Turn them over once as you continue to roast for 5-7 minutes. Keep basting the pieces with desi ghee as you go.
Garnish with a dash of lime juice to add a citrusy zest and bounce against the spicy crispiness of the roasted chicken.
VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTES
- Refined oil can also be used in place of mustard oil
- Charcoal grill, tandoor, and OTG can be used